My NaNoWriMo Meter


50126 / 50000 words. 100% done! YES! Now to get back to normality!

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

NaNoWriMo 2010

Mission complete. In fact, 126 words over the needed limit. It's 1:35 here in Idaho, and I am absolutely dead. I've been busting my brain cells for the past week trying to catch up. I frankly didn't think I would be able to do it. At the beginning of last week, I was only around 17,000. Guess what though? I did it. I have proven to myself that in spite of everything, in spite of moving and getting a divorce and dealing with legal stuff and getting back into school and getting totally behind while still caring for my two children, I was able to do this. My very sincere thanks to one of my best friends, Wolf Althuis, for cheering me on, for helping me understand that this month was about quantity, not quality, and that that was ok.  Next month is for editing. Actually, next month will see me doing a TON of sewing and getting ready for Christmas, and working at a MUCH slower pace on this novel. I'm barely scraping the plot line so far. I sense this novel is going to be VERY long. Anyway, good night, universe! :D
                                                                                                                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment